Click here to read Father Aldrin's homily from January 10, 2021 - The Baptism of the Lord.
CHRISTMAS EVE OUTDOOR MASS
ST MEL SCHOOL SCRIP
Scrip sales are back! Now more than ever St. Mel School needs our help. You can purchase Scrip by calling or emailing Regina Edwards, Scrip Coordinator, at 916-752-3878 or [email protected]. You can also order online at ShopwithScrip.com by using the St. Mel enrollment code, 3DL76FEA2151L. All Scrip orders will be sent directly to Regina who will then arrange delivery. Thank you for your support of St. Mel School!
Check out the St. Mel Facebook Page for the live stream Mass on Sunday at 8:00 a.m. and at 8:30 a.m. on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
Effective Saturday, November 14th, indoor Masses have been temporarily suspended.
Sunday 8:00 a.m. live stream only followed by a drive through communion distribution from 9:15 to 9:45 a.m.
Sunday 11:00 a.m. in person outdoor Mass in the Garden Amphitheater. This Mass is weather permitting only. Announcement will be posted on website on the Friday prior if Mass is cancelled due to weather.
Weekday Mass - Livestream only
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday at 8:30 a.m. followed by a drive through communion distribution from 9:00 - 9:30 a.m.
Due to new directives from Bishop Soto and the county health department, effective December 10th, the Parish Office is closed to visitors.
If you need to drop off an envelope, please put it in the brown locked mailbox to the left of the Parish Center doors.
You can call the office at 916-967-1229 to leave a message for the secretary and she will call you back as soon as possible. You can also email the office at [email protected]
Click the Faith Direct logo below for a safe and simple way to support St. Mel Church with online giving. Weekly offerings can also be mailed to:
St. Mel Church
PO Box 1180
Fair Oaks, CA 95628
Effective November 13, 2020
Due to the latest Sacramento County Health Department guidelines, attending indoor Mass has been temporarily suspended. With this in mind, Bishop Soto has authorized outdoor communion distribution to be done near the time that live streamed Masses end. The new schedule will begin Sunday, November 15.
Weekend Mass Schedule
- Live Stream Sunday Mass 8:00 a.m.
- Communion distribution 9:15 to 9:45 a.m.
- For communion distribution enter through the upper parking lot on Sunset Avenue and there will be people to direct you to where Father will be giving out communion. Please drive slowly. Please wear a mask and consume the Eucharist before pulling away.
- In person Sunday Mass 11:00 a.m. weather permitting in the Garden Amphitheater.
Weekday Mass Schedule
- Live Streamed at 8:30 am Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday
- Communion distribution after Mass from 9:00 to 9:30 am
- For communion distribution enter through the upper parking lot on Sunset Avenue. Father and one of the deacons will be to the side of the main entrance to the church. Please drive slowly. Please wear a mask and consume the Eucharist before pulling away.
Adoration is in the church
- Maximum 10 people
- 9:00 am to noon Monday through Saturday
- 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm Wednesday
Confessions will be in the St. Jude Room.
- Saturday 9:00 – 10:00 am
DAILY ADORATION OF THE BLESSED SACRAMENT
Daily Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament is in the church Monday through Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 12 Noon and 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Wednesday evenings. There is a maximum of 10 people allowed in the church. You must enter through the back church door which is closest to the St. Jude Room.
Confessions are on Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. in the St. Jude Room. You can also make an appointment by calling the church office. 916-967-1229.
Please click here to read Making an Act of Perfect Contrition. This can be used when it is not possible to approach the Sacrament of Penance
In order to stay connected with you, the Parish Staff is working to update cell phone numbers and email addresses of all parishioners. With this information, we would be able to send texts and emails to make sure you are aware of cancellations and other important information. Please email your cell phone number and email address to [email protected] Thank you and God Bless.
There are no upcoming scheduled events.